Something In The Making

Renea
Washington, United States
Quilts and memories make the world a warmer place.
View my complete profile

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Birthday Pillowcases

Today was a productive day in the sewing room. I had seen samples of homemade pillow cases and thought it was time I give it a try.
Most of the seams are french seams. I treated the seams this way because I wanted the pillowcases to be able to live through a few pillow fights. Mom doesn't sew or mend and they are moving to Japan in the fall. Kids will be kids you know.
This is the Cinderella pillowcase.

This one is Barbie Princess fabric. I did not have a lot of yardage of this fabric. I pieced several different sized strips until I had it the length I needed.

Here is Spiderman. If you check a posting from last month I had purchased this fabric at the Sewing Expo Shopping Spree! Don't tell Spiderman that the fabric is attached to the border going in the wrong direction. This is for my grandson who thinks he is "Spidyman". Maybe this will help with bedtime.
They were fun to make. It is much easier if I have yardage and only need to add trim as in the Spiderman pillowcase. Piecing the other to get the pillowcase large enough was time consuming. A pain to say the least. Now to wrap them in birthday paper.

No comments: