Something In The Making

Renea
Washington, United States
Quilts and memories make the world a warmer place.
View my complete profile

Monday, August 30, 2010

I Found My Fabric~~~~~~~

Like most of us I am always on the quest for fabric. Sometimes it is a color and sometime it is a theme.  Well, I have been on that quest for about fours years now for Model T fabric.  I was so desperate to make a model T quilt I bought embroidery designs to pacify me.  They were fun to do but this fabric is to die for! I bought the last of it; 2 1/2 yards so I have a nice piece to work with.   Wonderful Model T's  done in every color but the way they made them. I see green, tan, red. Model T's were black so this fabric works for me!!! the fabric is by Timeless Treasures.  Now the pattern search begins!!!  (and a brush up on picture taking).




This is my car, a 1923 Roadster, sitting along side the road with a vapor lock on a not sunny day. Thank goodness for the guys! Her name is "Lizzie".








This is the 1927 Touring, this one belongs to John. We refer to her as the "Buggy".


1 comment:

Gerry said...

OMG! I'm so happy for you. I know what it's like to look for that perfect fabric. LOL.

I can hardly wait to see your quilt progress.

Love the cars, too!