Something In The Making

Renea
Washington, United States
Quilts and memories make the world a warmer place.
View my complete profile

Thursday, January 07, 2010

The New Year and New Projects

Along with the New Year I have started several projects already. I hope I save time for new things I find to do.

I have been baby sewing. One of my brothers is expecting his first grandchild two weeks before our eigth one is born. I have purchased prefolded diapers and put flannel around them for burp clothes and changing pads. I need to embroidery the stack of onsies and finish up both babies quilts which are made from panels.

This is the first year I have joined BOM's. So I picked two. One is black and white 9 inch blocks. The other is blue/green batiks using thangles.

A project just for me too! I have taken a quilt stores challenge using a Crab Apple Hill pattern, Pieces of the Past. An elegrant looking quilt which requires, crazy quilting, embroidery and applique. I loved the pattern and techiques immediately and passed on the project.  Another look and I was hooked!

The challenge is easy:
  • Finish the quilt top by December 2010.
  • Hang the quilt top in the store
  • Quilt store customers will be voting for a favorite.
  • Then a prize is involved.
Three new projects and I have not even been to the Sewing Expo yet! Maybe a long winter should be ordered. Look for updates on all my sewing projects as they are completed. COMPLETE is the key word here.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love that fan! That's gorgeous. I can see that on a CQ block. It was fun to scroll back and see the stuff you've been working on since you rediscovered your blog. =)

I've given you the lovely lady award and you can see the details on http://cq4fun.livejournal.com/