Something In The Making

Renea
Washington, United States
Quilts and memories make the world a warmer place.
View my complete profile

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

TAST Week 11 Buttonhole

I wanted to share this information I found on TAST that Sharon had posted. Check it out.


This is what Sharon B had to say:



A New Stitch Variety?
Posted by Sharon Bunder
Yesterday I spent some time bumping around the various sites of those people who are participating in the TAST Challenge when I came across Elisabeth’s post on Quieter moments. Elizabeth has developed a 3 pronged up and down buttonhole stitch. This immediately sent me scurrying about in my books and photocopies, notes and the like as I have a huge number of stitch varieties documented in 11 loose leaf files (all full and overflowing) I thought I had seen this stitch before, but I could not find it in any of my references. Would anyone who recognises it please let Elizabeth know. It may be a case of re-inventing a stitch but I think it might be new variety. I know I am going to play with it.



this link will take you to the Blog "Quieter Moments to see the step by step instructions with photos's.

http://quietermoments.wordpress.com/2007/03/15/step-by-step-on-a-three-prong-up-and-down-buttonhole-stitch/


Most of us who have been stitching awhile can accomplish the button hole stitch. For me, this meant that I had no motivation to complete Week 11 of TAST. Ssshhhhh don't tell I said that.

In reviewing Sharon's TAST site I found this information from the blog, Quieter Moments. The stitch variation she did was did spark my interest. Here are the results.

When I started stitching I thought I would do a seam treatment but the stitch wandered! I used two different rayon threads making the stitches sit back to back. Then added beads.

Now it's a centipede. :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Looks like fun! I thought of a thorny bush, not a caterpillar. =) Thanks for the link. I probably wouldn't have seen this otherwise.