Something In The Making

Renea
Washington, United States
Quilts and memories make the world a warmer place.
View my complete profile

Friday, January 05, 2007

Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge Has Begun

Many of us are taking the Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge with Sharon Bogon. If you have not heard about this check it out and join in. It is not too late.
Sharon has added a flickr site to post pictures of our stitching. This will create another great site for seam treatments.


Here is the link:
http://flickr.com/groups/56846286@N00/


The first stitch is the herringbone. It was a new stitch for me to master in 2006. I think I can do it successfully now. In the Challenge Sharon has a wrapped version. I need to do this but I am having troubles figuring out which meduim to use for the wrapped portion of the stitch. If anyone can give me some clues I will give it a try.


I don’t know how many of you are "stitch challenged" but I know I am.
I have a habit of picking up a block and wondering what to do with it. I pick up my previous blocks looking for inspiration and I tell myself "I don’t want to do that combination, again" simply because I do that combination every time. Oh but try something new, now that is the challenge.

I am confident that I can say I know how to do the individual stitches but expanding my knowledge of putting together a combination of stitches gets me every time. Last year I worked on 100 Seam Treatments in 100 days, with Sharon Boggon at www.aminuteago.com . This was very helpful in expanding my techniques. Talk about expanding my horizons.
There was so much chatter and stitching done with that group and the chatter expanded to many other stitching and quilting groups. This fall Sharon has offered to do a "Take a Stitch Tuesday" starting in January 2007. I am ready to stitch! There is so much to learn. I am piecing together several blocks which will become my library.


Here is the link to check it out.
http://inaminuteago.com/blog/index.php/take-a-stitch-tuesday-challenge/

To follow along with the stitching use this link.
http://inaminuteago.com/blog/index.php/archives/category/take-a-stitch-tuesday/

For those of you who are really planning ahead Sharon is planning a trip throughout the USA in 2008. She will be teaching classes in various areas. At this time the schedule has not been set so check your area. I have heard Portland, Chicago, Texas, and Florida mentioned.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sharonstrip/

Get through the Holiday hustle and bustle, enjoy the winter wonderlands. Most of all, get ready for more stitching in 2007. See you there.

No comments: